Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hanners and Byron do South America

We have safely landed in Buenos Aires, Argentina. My total flying time was only around 15 hours and I got to visit Newark and Houston before finally touching down in rainy BsAs. The long flight was pretty easy as I drank three bottles of vino with dinner (I gave up my seat next to a window so a dad could be with his daughter...he had a middle seat in the middle row...hence the nice flight attendent that kept me boozed up). I did reclaim my window seat for landing; I think my pops has successfully helped me to keep that inner child alive for my whole life.

Hanna's sweet nonstop flight was much easier. Delta's stock may be tanking, but adding a direct flight from ATL was a sweet addition. She ate dinner and woke up to the captains "seat backs in the upright and locked position" annoucement, who could seemlessly transition between Spanish and English, a definite goal of this trip (even if I never actually find a job). She made up for her once perfectly easy trip by waiting for me for 5 hours in the baggage claim room, where there are no chairs and all the smelly tourists gather confused. Our reunion was a huge relief, I spotted Hanner's across the room jumping up and down and flailing her arms about. Now let the adventures begin...

2 comments:

  1. yo! b! (i guess i can't say yo anymore to you since it will now mean something different.) i'm way excited for you guys and more than a little jealous. keep us posted. xoxo, p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you made it safely. I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!!! I know you are going to have so much fun!! love you

    ReplyDelete